Staff, non-graduating students and community members are encouraged to volunteer their time to be a part of the Commencement Event Team. There are several opportunities to be a part of this year's ceremonies.
Commencement Event Team Opportunities
- Greeter: (7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.) Be the first point of contact as we welcome thousands of guests to our campus, direct and answer questions as needed
- Candidate Robing & Procession: (7:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.) Help candidates take the next step of their UC Merced Journey, assist them in preparation for and during the procession, seating and conferral of degrees
- Usher: (7:00 a.m. -11:15 a.m.) Check tickets, distribute programs, usher guests to seats, assist with crowd control
- Guest Services: (7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.) Serve as a UC Merced specialist, a resource for guests with general questions and special needs
- Parking and Traffic: (6:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.) Assist with traffic control
Event Team Briefing
When you sign up to be a part of the Commencement Event Team, you must attend one of the briefings listed below:
|Event Team Briefing|
|Date||Wednesday, May 3||Thursday, May 4|
|Time||8:30 - 9:30 a.m.||1:00 - 2:00 p.m.|
|Location||Bobcat Lair||Bobcat Lair|
If you cannot attend one of these briefings and still wish to be a part of the team, email the commencement coordinators.
Getting to Campus
We strongly encourage Commencement Event Team members to carpool or get dropped off at campus the day of the event. Although all team members who plan to drive to campus will receive a parking permit, we want to ensure there is plenty of parking for guests. The fewer spaces used by the event team, the more spaces for guests. A special area will be designated for passenger pick up and drop off. More information will be available shortly. For those driving to campus, do not park on Bellevue Road or Lake Road. Your vehicle will be ticketed and/or towed.