Join the Commencement Squad, and help make a memorable experience for our graduates and their guests. Your assistance is needed with the Spring 2022 Commencement ceremonies. With multiple Commencement #SquadGoals, we will have a variety of Commencement Squad roles – ensuring our graduates are ready in their caps, gowns and stoles!
Commencement Squad Roles
- Greeters: Be the first point of contact as we welcome thousands of guests to our campus, direct and answer questions as needed
- Candidate Procession: Help candidates take the next step of their UC Merced Journey, assist them in preparation for and during the procession, seating and conferral of degrees
- Ushers: Check tickets, usher guests to seats, assist with crowd control
- Guest Services: Serve as a UC Merced specialist, a resource for guests with general questions and special needs
- Check-In: Check in graduates and guide them in the right direction prior to the ceremony
UC Merced Faculty should have received information on how to participate in Commencement from the Office of the Provost. Please contact April Graves directly if you have any questions.
In collaboration with Human Resources, the Commencement Participation Form has been developed for staff in an effort to better document and compensate staff for working at Commencement. Prior to submitting the online registration, please review and complete the form linked below with your supervisor.
Commencement Squad Briefing
Please join one of the following prep meetings via Zoom for important details on Commencement and your role and duties:
- Option 1: May 11, 4:00 - 4:45 pm
- Option 2: May 12, 10:00 - 10:45 am
Please click here to view the 2022 Spring Commencement Squad map.