Join the Commencement Squad, and help us make a memorable experience for our graduates and their guests. We need your help with the Spring Commencement ceremony. With multiple Commencement #SquadGoals, we will have a variety of Commencement Squad roles – ensuring our graduates are ready in their cap, gown and stoles!
Commencement Squad Roles
- Greeters: (9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.) Be the first point of contact as we welcome thousands of guests to our campus, direct and answer questions as needed
- Candidate Procession: (9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.) Help candidates take the next step of their UC Merced Journey, assist them in preparation for and during the procession, seating and conferral of degrees
- Ushers: (9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.) Check tickets, usher guests to seats, assist with crowd control
- Guest Services: (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.) Serve as a UC Merced specialist, a resource for guests with general questions and special needs
- Check-In: (9:00 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.) Check in graduates and guide them in the right direction prior to the ceremony
Commencement Squad Briefing
When you sign up to be a part of the Commencement Squad, detailed briefing information covering the ceremonies and your specific duties will be distritibuted to you in advance of Commencement.
Further information to come.